Search

Follow

NYX Favourites

by - 12:00


NYX quickly became one of my favourite make up brands after discovering it about a year ago. I loved the way the products felt and looked like a high end brand, but came at half the cost. Subsequently, I have built up a rather large collection of their products (honestly I feel like I've tried almost everything at this point), so decided to review a few of my favourites.


Soft matte lip creams. These were one of the first things I tried and a lot of the reason why I tried so many more NYX products! The moussey texture of these means they have a slightly matte finish whilst being creamy enough to not be drying, making them so comfortable and easy to wear. I also love the way these wear throughout the day - they stay put for the most part, but when they do come off they don't flake or hugely give away the fact that you need to reapply.

Liquid suede lipstick. A more typical liquid lipstick than the soft matte lip creams. These have a glossier formula when you put them on (making application a little more difficult) that dries completely matte. This is a liquid lipstick that I reach for more than others I own because it's much less drying and doesn't start to flake when you reapply - well done NYX.

Tame&Frame brow pomade. Changed my brow game for real. This was my first time using a brow pomade and I'm so glad I chose this one. This is a super affordable alternative to the more pricey pomades out there, and mine has lasted so well without drying up (I have used this everyday for too long of a time to remember and I can't even see the bottom yet). Smooth application and decent pigment means you can achieve both natural and bolder looks depending on how much you apply.


HD finishing powder. White setting powder is so hard to find amongst the aisles of Boots, so I was so glad to find NYX did one. This is such a fine power that it looks like it isn't even on your skin, but sets make up so well and mattifies just enough without being drying. No cakey under eyes in site!

High definition blush. I often struggle to find blushes I like, so end up using the same one every day for months on end, this one included. This goes on so smoothly and blends really well into the rest of my contour and highlight. I have the shade 'intuition', which is great for day and night, and I love the fact that it is slightly shimmery.

Mineral stick foundation. This is my favourite product for doing a cream contour (shade 'caramel'). Being in the form of a stick makes it really quick and easy to apply, and saves having to buy and entire contour kit. This also blends really well into the skin, as it is thick enough to not completely disappear when you blend it but creamy enough to blend in smoothly and look natural.

What's your favourite NYX product?

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I have been dying to try those nyx lipsticks.. you have convinced me to go out and get them now! haha. You have a wonderful blog here anyway, you should be proud of all your hard work! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, always happy to encourage a good make up purchase, hope you like them! Aw, thank you so much, that really means a lot! Xx

      Delete