Search

Follow

L.A. Girl Pro Coverage HD Longwear Illuminating Foundation Review

by - 13:26


Good foundation on a budget is hard to find. Although the highstreet hosts a wide range of options that do the job, I've never found one that I really loved. For me, many cheaper foundations are far too dry and don't give enough coverage. The perfect foundation for me would be a fuller coverage but with a dewy finish that doesn't cake too much, as my skin is on the drier side, but ideally I don't want to be spending £30 odd on a foundation if I can help it. So, when I saw people talking about the L.A. Girl Pro Coverage foundation I thought I had to give it a go, especially since it's only around £11.


This foundation claims to be a medium to full coverage, with a 'smooth, long wearing, flawless looking finish'. This foundation comes in 15 shades, as well as a white foundation lightener. The shade range is definitely on the darker side, so if you are paler the white foundation lightener might be worth investing in too - although this brings down the price appeal a little, you only need a small amount of lightener so it should last a while. I have the shade fair (one of the lightest in the range) and, although I can get away with wearing it on it's own, I do still have to lighten it a little.

However, I think the formula of the foundation really makes up for the lack of shade range. I'd definitely say this is a medium coverage foundation rather than full, but it gives a lot more cover than many cheaper foundations I've tried and is definitely buildable. The thing I like the most about this is that the formula is not drying at all, it is a very 'wet' foundation that doesn't look cakey or cling to dry patches. This is perfect for me since my skin tends to be dry but you may have to be wary of this if you are on the oily side, as even I need to set mine with powder to mattify it a bit. In terms of wear this has pretty good staying power, not that it looks completely flawless at the end of the day, but it gets me through a full day without wearing off too much.


For the price, and compared with other cheaper foundations I have tried, I think this is definitely a good low-budget foundation option. The coverage is the main selling point for me, as I've never found a foundation with such good coverage in this price range (and I have been looking for a long time!). The fact that it is not dry at all also really impresses me, as this is the thing that annoys me most about cheaper foundations, which always seem to look dry and feel uncomfortable on my skin. Although the shade range is not amazing, the overall look and feel of this foundation makes up for it - this is definitely one of the best low-budget foundations I have used.

You May Also Like

0 comments